Monday, February 8, 2010

You

 
You are so away.....That
Your smell no more tingle senses,
Though in a crowd often it seems
You are just around...

But I know you are away...
Light years away,
More away than I
Ever expected you to be.

Care- I see it everywhere,
I never wished to have it so much.
I don't like them to care,
Yet they do, but
You don't .
Its just like I am in the mid ocean:
"water water everywhere, but not a drop to drink"!!


They swear to follow me everywhere,
You too did, but you broke the promise.
But I don't care whether they'll keep it or not.

Night knows the pain,
Pillows know the tears,
They cannot consolate, they know.
You can consolate, but you don't know.

15 comments:

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

Superb!
Excellent wonderful ,what else to say!!

Anonymous said...

Awsome ! Loved the last 2 lines a lot :)

Atulya said...

As usual... a gr8 one again.. keep going...

itsyvitsy said...

What a wonderful poem! The yearning has been described absolutely brilliantly. I remembered the saying, "Those who care will never make you cry." The last line "You can consolate, but you don't know" is so true and brings a nice closure. I have a new one up at my blog. If you aren't busy and you can spare a few moments, do read it.

Rajlakshmi said...

that is so beautifully written...
nicely worded and expressed

जोगी said...

great one !!

Anonymous said...

that was beautifully written!

DuDo said...

excellent 1... absolutely emo :D

Oxymoron said...

that's one sad poem.....the longing to get what one desires is well expressed....what could be more painful then the indifference of ones lover...

Thousif Raza said...

its beautiful..... loved it.... :)


take care and keep writing...........

Urchin said...

beautiful..

Harini said...

I loved the 1st 4 lines on this one a lot. The whole poem is good. LOng time no see.

Shruti said...

Hi..
I have something for you!
See This

Rajlakshmi said...

long time no see :)
something for you in my blog :)

Rajlakshmi said...

long time no see :)
something for you in my blog :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin